Serving Montana Agriculture and growing prosperity under the Big Sky


Hail Insurance Claims

Hail damage to a sunflower crop in Montana.

When there is a hail loss it is the participating producers’ responsibility to inform the Hail Insurance Program of the loss within two weeks of the loss occurrence. Send the hail loss claim form to the address on the form, e-mail the form or call the State Hail Insurance office at 406-444-5429 or toll free at 1-844-515-1571.

For additional losses, download/print a new Crop Loss Claim Form to mail or call the office to report. When the Hail Insurance Program receives the form an adjuster will be assigned to your claim. The adjuster will contact the producer and schedule a convenient time to inspect the crop for loss.

It is necessary even when you have additional hail insurance to notify the State Hail Insurance Program to ensure that your loss is processed. If the policy premium has been assigned to a crop lien or a charge policy, the premiums will be deducted before a loss payment is issued.

A producer that is dissatisfied or has a question regarding the loss adjustment will be given the opportunity to address the Board of Hail Insurance. Submit your issue or question in writing to the Hail Insurance Program.

Important Deadline:

  • Last date to submit a loss claim is October 1st.

Submit a Claim Form

Loss claims can now be submitted using our pdf form. Click on the button below to get started.


Montana Rules & Code: Hail Insurance